Administrators can now create and edit their own inbound data interchanges (sometimes called data syncs). Inbound data interchanges are used to import data from other software vendors (ex., HRIS systems) to Certify. Interchanges will pick up files from a company’s SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol) directory and will import data from those files to Certify on a selected schedule.
Creating a New Interchange
1. Click the Gear icon at the top right of the Certify home page.
2. On the System Configurations page, select Manage Data Interchanges under System Integrations.
3. Click Create New Interchange.
Please Note: Before navigating to the page, create a sample file that represents the format of files that will be uploaded to the SFTP directory moving forward.
Configuring a New Data Interchange
1. In the Settings section, name the interchange and select the interchange type.
Please Note: The interchange name cannot be modified after initial creation.
Administrators can choose from the following interchange types:
- Employee GLD
- Expense Report GLD
2. Under Preferences, select the Interchange Type-specific settings.
Please Note: When checked, the ‘deactivate absents’ option will cause values not present in an inbound file to be deactivated in Certify.
3. Click Continue to progress to the SFTP Configuration.
4. Select the SFTP Path where the files for the interchange will be placed, indicate the File Pattern, and Name the SFTP Path.
The File Pattern dictates which files are picked up by this interchange from the SFTP Path selected. The following File Patterns are available:
- Starts With: File names with matching characters at the start will be picked up. Ex. Starts With ‘HRIS’ will match HRIS_1324.txt but not 1324HRIS.txt
- Ends With: File names with matching characters at the end will be picked up. Ex. Ends With ‘HRIS’ will match 1324_HRIS.txt but not HRIS_1324.txt
- Contains: File names with matching characters anywhere in the name will be picked up. Ex. Contains ‘HRIS’ will match 1324_HRIS_323.txt but not 1324_HIRS_323.txt
- Exact Match: Only file names exactly matching the characters specified will be picked up. Ex. Contains ‘HRIS’ will only match files named HRIS.txt
5. Click Continue to progress to File Upload & Review.
6. Click the Choose File button to select the sample file. Choose a delimiter for the file, and if the file will have headers or not.
7. Click Upload to preview the file in the Mapping Table. Depending on the file, a Data Mapping panel appears:
Each row in the table shows a column in the uploaded file and allows admins to map that column to a field in Certify using the drop-down window. Click the information icon on the right of a column to view additional data from the file.
Please Note: Unmapped columns will not be imported.
8. Click Save when all data mapping is complete. The button will be grayed out unless all required fields on the page have been populated and mapped.
9. Admins are returned to the Manage Data Interchanges page.
Please Note: Created interchanges are not automatically scheduled. To manually schedule a Data Interchange, click Here.
When setting up a User Sync and mapping a file field to the Employee Role Certify field, additional action is required. An Additional Attribute needed annotation appears on the row in question.
1. Click ‘Additional attribute needed’ to pull up the Attributes panel.
2. Fill in each role represented in the file. For example, if each Accountant is indicated as ‘Acct’, fill in the bottom text box in the above screenshot with ‘Acct’
3. Click Save at the bottom of the panel when finished.
For more information on Managing Data Interchanges, click Here.