Managers can send an Inquiry on an expense line if they have a question about an expense, or if an expense needs to be edited. If an inquiry is sent by your manager, you will receive an email. This article shows you how to reply to a pending expense inquiry.
1. When you log into your Certify account, you will be automatically prompted to address any pending inquiries. If you go past this screen, you can open a pending inquiry by clicking the red exclamation mark under My Expense Reports, next to Pending Approval.
2. Select the Open icon.
3. Review the inquiry, and enter a Reply in the field provided. Your manager may have also granted you permission to edit the expense or change a receipt as needed:
- To attach a receipt to this expense, select Select Receipt
- To change a receipt already attached to this expense, select Change Receipt
- To add a secondary attachment or receipt to this expense, select Add Image
In your Certify Wallet, select the new/secondary/correct receipt, then click Use this Receipt.
4. When you have finished entering your reply, click Submit Reply to send your response back to your manager. The expense report will then automatically be resubmitted for approval.