With Certify Payments, companies can quickly and easily pay Invoices through direct deposit to a vendor's bank account domestically and internationally, in a variety of currencies. Additionally, if Pay By Check is used, paper checks can be sent directly to vendors in cases where electronic payments are not needed.
Certify Payments works for both expense reimbursements and invoice payments, creating an organized, consistent, and streamlined payment process.
This article shows you, a Certify AP Administrator, how to:
- Set up Invoice Payment Methods
- Work with the Accounting Reviewer to process and pay Invoices using Certify Payments
- Use Certify Expense together with Certify AP to manage Invoice payments.
To use Certify Payments:
- Contact your Customer Success Manager to enable Certify Payments for your account.
- All vendors must have a Payment Method indicated on their vendor record.
- A Certify Treasurer must be established for your company on the Certify Expense side.
Please Note: Your company must use Certify AP (and not Certify Invoice) to use this feature.
1. On your Certify AP homepage, select the Configurations tab.
2. Under Catalog Management, click Manage Vendors.
3. Click the name of a vendor requiring the banking information.
On the Edit Vendor page, a new Payment Method section appears.
4. Enter the vendor's information. and click Save.
Please Note: The vendor's bank address must be in the same country as the vendor's default currency. Country and State/Province entries must be in two-character abbreviations to ensure successful delivery of payment. For example: "CA" as entry for Canada, "GB" as entry for United Kingdom, etc.
Repeat the above steps to add banking information for every vendor who should be paid through Certify Payments (whether through direct deposit or by check).
Process and Pay
1. To Process and Pay invoices using Certify Payments, first access your Accounting Review tab by either clicking on Accounting Review on the homepage or selecting the Approvals tab and navigating to Accounting Review.
2. Click an Invoice you'd like to process.
3. After reviewing the invoice and approving all line items, click Process and Pay to continue.
4. Review the invoice details on the Check Request page.
5. In Certify Expense the Treasurer will have the invoice in their Reimbursements queue.
6. Check the box next to the invoice, then click Reimburse Reports at the bottom of the page.