Each user in Certify has a settings page where their approval workflow and account information is managed. This article shows you, a Certify Administrator, how to search for a user, as well as how to view and edit user settings.
To open the Edit User page, select the gear icon, and then select View and Edit Users.
1. Enter search parameters to find a specific user or group of users. To see a list of all users, leave all fields blank and click Submit.
2. On the View and Edit Users page, click the edit (pencil) icon next to the user's name to open the User Details page.
3. Under User Details, edit the user's account settings as needed. Bold fields are required.
Employee Details - On the left of the page, you can edit the user's name, email address, email address status (if Certify has ever received a returned email, this will note as Failed Delivery - Do Not Send), employee ID, default currency, commute distance, role, and department; you may also designate a user to have Certify Administrative rights by clicking the checkbox, or add an Administrative Note that can be viewed by accountants while processing expense reports.
- Employee: someone who creates and submits their expense reports.
- Manager: someone who creates and submits their own expense reports, and also approves others.
- Executive: someone who creates and submits their own expense reports, and also approves others. Executives also have enhanced reporting access.
- Accountant: The Accountant completes the final processing of expense reports. They have all reporting access.
- Full Administrator: has complete access to all settings in the Configuration tab.
- User Administrator: only has access to view/edit user profiles in the Configuration tab, though they cannot use the "Switch to this User" function.
Treasurer: If your company is using ACH, the Treasurer is permission to reimburse reports and use that feature.
Employee General Ledger Dimensions: These will show here based on anything you've entered on the General Ledger Dimensions page, like an Office Location.
Locked Approval - On the right side of the page, you may edit a user's Approver, Second Level Approver and/or Accountant if your company is using the locked approval workflow
Security Reset - You can reset a user's password from the Edit User page by selecting the links on the right side of the page; please note that when you reset a user's password through the Edit User page, Certify will NOT send an automated email to the user; select Resend This User's Welcome Email to resend the automated Certify Welcome Email to the user
Control Account - Certify Administrators may masquerade as another user to view and take actions in their account; select Switch to This User to masquerade as the user; to switch back to your own account, click the current user drop-down menu and select your own name
4. Click Next to save your changes.
1. Search for and open the employee's Edit User page.
2. Under Account Status, select Disabled.
3. Click Next to save your changes.
Please Note: Disabled users will no longer be able to access their Certify accounts, however, all of their user records will remain intact. If you are signed up for per-user pricing, disabled users will also be removed from your monthly Certify invoice.