In order to view the receipt images contained in the Receipt URLs, a user must do one of the following:
- Enter their username and password to authenticate into Certify, or
- Enter the company’s External Access Code.
This section shows a Certify Administrator how to locate and share the Receipt External Access Code.
1. Open the System Configuration page, and click Security Settings.
2. On the Security Settings page, locate the Receipt External Access Code.
3. Copy the code and share it with any external user who needs to view receipts.
Please Note: Sharing only the Access Code will not grant the external user access to the receipts. In addition to the Access Code, the external user must also have unique receipt URLs.
Resetting your Company’s External Access Code
By default, Receipt External Access Codes expire and automatically reset one year after creation. Administrators will be notified via email when the code expires, as a reminder that it’s time to share the new access code with any external users who require access to receipts.
Administrators can manually reset the company’s access code at any time. This is especially helpful if you need to revoke access to receipts for one of your external users. Manually created access codes will also expire one year after creation.
To manually reset the Access Code, click Regenerate Code on the Security Settings page.
Please Note: Resetting the access code will immediately revoke access to receipts for all external users. Administrators must share the new access code with any external user who needs to view receipts.