Employee General Ledger Dimensions (GLDs) are custom fields that you can associate with employees in order to have key information automatically associated with any expense that they submit in Certify. Employee GLDs should be used for information that stays constant for employees, such as their business unit or region.
Employee GLDs are assigned to users by a Certify Administrator and cannot be edited by the user. Employee GLDs are visible to users under their Account Settings and to Admins on the View & Edit Users page.
This article focuses on Employee GLDs. To learn more about other types of General Ledger Dimensions that can be filled in by the employee when creating expense reports, see General Ledger Dimensions Overview.
Please Note: Before creating an Employee GLD, confirm that it is not a default field on the View & Edit Users page.
Access the General Ledger Dimensions Page
To access the General Ledger Dimensions page, click the gear icon on your Certify homepage and then select General Ledger Dimensions.
Activate an Employee GLD
1. Click the In Use checkbox and enter the GLD Lable.
2. Select a GLD Style from the drop-down menu. Dropdown menu options include:
- List, Not Required: A drop-down list of elements is available for selection; user is not required to enter this field
- List, Required No Blank: A drop-down list of elements is available for selection; user is required to select an element from this list; this field defaults to the first element alphabetically
- List, Required With Blank: A drop-down list of elements is available for selection; user is required to select an element from this list; field defaults to a blank value
- Search, Not Required: User enters a word or phrase to search in the list provided; user is not required to enter this field
- Search, Required: User enters a word or phrase to search in the list provided; user is required to enter this field
3. Click Save at the bottom of the page.
Create an Employee GLD List
Once you have created an Employee GLD field, add all of the possible values as the GLD List.
1. Once a GLD has been activated, select View and Edit List.
2. Select Create a New Record. To add multiple records, you may also use the Bulk Upload Tool.
3. Enter the Employee GLD Name. Enter the Employee GLD Code, if applicable. Click Next to create the record.
Edit an Employee Report GLD List
1. Click View and Edit List.
2. Enter the record Name and the record Code. Click Submit without entering any parameters to view a list of all records.
3. Use the edit (pencil) icon to edit the record Name or Code. Use the red X to deactivate the record.
Bulk Assign Employee General Ledger Dimensions
1. Select Import Employee Data from the drop-down menu.
2. Fill in the required employee information using the provided format.
3. Click Next to create the record.
Deactivate an Expense Report GLD
Uncheck the In Use checkbox next to the GLD Label to deactivate the GLD. This will prevent that GLD from appearing on expenses and being applied by users.