Spend Limits by Category help companies track budgets by providing alerts when an employee overspends in a certain expense category within a specific time frame. Unlike Maximum Amounts, Spend Limits will aggregate a user's spend in a particular category over a desired time frame (week, month, quarter, year) and flag the expenses if a user exceeds the pre-determined limit. Max Amount is a limit per a single expense, while Spend Limits adds all expenses for a certain category together to track against the limit.
This article will show you, a Certify Administrator, how to configure Spend Limits by category.
1. On your Certify homepage, click the gear icon.
2. Click View and Edit Expense Categories.
3. Enter search criteria for the expense category you'd like to edit, then click Submit.
4. Click the pencil icon to edit the expense category.
5. Scroll down to Spend Limit per User and enter:
- Amount: Enter the amount to trigger Policy Violations notifications.
- Currency: Enter the currency for this limit. Currency conversions apply.
- Select Time Frame: Select the time frame to drive alerts: Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, or Yearly.
6. When complete, click Next to save your changes to this expense category.
7. When you return to the View and Edit Expense Categories page, the Spend Limit and the Term (time frame) are displayed next to the category. Now that the Spend Limit is established, users will be flagged if the collective total of their expenses in the given category exceed the spend limit.
8. Administrators will be able to review all spend limit violations in the Expense Policy Review Report, as well as review each category's spend limit in the Browse Expense Category Report.