Advanced Element Suppression (AES) is a feature that companies can use to make one of their Expense Report General Ledger Dimensions (GLDs) appear and be required for certain expense categories. For example, an equipment rental company may need to require a "truck number" field to show on relevant expenses, like mileage, but not other irrelevant expenses, such as meals.
For more information on Expense Report General Ledger Dimensions, click here.
To configure Advanced Element Suppression:
1. On your Certify homepage, click the gear icon.
2. In the Company Policy box under Expense Categories, click General Ledger Dimensions.
3. Ensure that the In Use checkbox to the left of the GLD you'd like to add Advanced Element Suppression for. If unchecked, check the box and click Save at the bottom of the page.
4. Click the three dots menu and select Advanced Element Suppression to the right of the General Ledger Dimension you'd like to work with.
5. First, determine whether or not the GLD will appear at the report level when a user is creating an expense report. Set the Expense Report Creation Visibility to Show for it to appear and Hide for it not to appear at the report level.
6. Next, determine whether or not the GLD will appear at the expense line item level by default. Set the Expense Line Visibility to Show for it to appear and Hide for it not to appear at the line item level. If you include the GLD at the line item level, you can control which expense categories the GLD should and should not appear for below.
7. Finally, if you set the Expense Line Visibility to show, you can control which expense categories the GLD should appear by choosing category exceptions from the dropdown. The selected GLD will not appear for any expense categories you add here.
Please Note: If you are using Advanced Element Suppression with Dynamic Filtering, ensure that the parent GLD is visible anytime the child GLD is visible in order to prevent users from being unable to complete required fields.
- Select whether you want to exclude categories by name or code from the dropdown.
- Input the expense category names or codes for which you do not want the GLD to appear.
9. Click Save. A confirmation page that the GLD information has been saved will appear.
Now, your Expense Report GLD will only appear at the expense report level and on non-excluded line item categories if selected above.