As an internal Certify Accountant, you will receive an email advising you that an expense report has been submitted for processing. This article shows you how to review and process an expense report in Certify.
1. On your account homepage, select Processing Requests.
Please Note: For those using Flexible Workflow, the queue will be labeled Approval Requests as with this workflow method, these reports can still be forwarded to another approver if needed.
2. On the next page, you will see all of the expense reports awaiting your approval. To view an expense report, select the Employee name or the view (document) icon under the View column to open the expense report in a new browser window.
3. On the next page, you will have an option to expand all details for a different view. Select the View icon on the right to expand or collapse the details.
To view a specific receipt in an expense line, click the view (document) icon next to the expense line, under the Receipt column. A red exclamation mark under the Receipt column indicates that there is no receipt image attached to the expense line. A green checkmark in the Receipt column indicates that there is no receipt image attached to the expense line, however, no receipt is required for this expense according to your company policy.
To view vendor and location details, click the arrow (>) under the Details column. A red exclamation mark under the Details column indicates that the expense may be out of company policy.
4. If you have a question about an expense line or about the expense report, there are several actions available under the Other Actions menu. To access this menu, click the arrow (>) under the Approval column.
5. After you have finished reviewing the expense report, select Process Expense Report.
Please Note: To disapprove an expense report, rather than processing, see Disapproving an Expense Report.
6. From here, you'll be asked to select a processing date, as well as preview the expense reports which are about to be processed.
7. On the next page, you can view the AP data of the expense reports just processed.
The expense reports have now been processed. To view an Accounts Payable Report for the processed expense reports, select View Accounts Payable Report for this Expense Report under Batch Report Data.