General Ledger (GL) Accounts and Projects can be restricted by Department. This will filter the GL Accounts and Projects that can be selected by a user.
By default, all GL Accounts and Projects are available to departments until this feature is turned on.
This article will show you, an Accounts Payable Employee, how to restrict your GL Accounts and Projects by Department.
1. On your Certify homepage, click Certify then click AP.
2. Next, click the Gear icon.
3. This is the Department Configuration page. Click your Company Name on the left-hand side.
4. Click Company Preferences.
5. Scroll down to Transaction Settings and click the checkboxes next to Restrict GL Accounts by Department and Restrict Projects by Department.
6. Click Save.
7. GL Accounts and Projects are now restricted by Department.
Please Note: To make Projects required, you can enable this under the Department Preferences tab.
Please Note: Once this preference is turned on, all departments must have at least one GL Account or Project associated, otherwise users will not be able to submit transactions in the system.