Every user and every expense line in Certify must be assigned a Certify Department. The Certify department that the user is assigned to may affect which expense categories are available for selection. This article shows you how to edit and deactivate departments in Certify.
On your account homepage, select the gear icon, and then select View and Edit Departments.
1. On the View and Edit Departments page, enter search parameters to find a specific department, or leave both fields blank to return a list of all departments. Click Submit.
2. Click the edit (pencil) icon next to the Department you want to edit.
3. On the Edit Department page, edit the Department Details as needed. Click Next to verify your changes. To find out more about a field, click on the double arrows (>>) next to the checkbox. Click Next once more to save your changes.
1. Enter search parameters to find a specific department, or leave both fields blank to return a list of all departments. Click Submit.
2. Click the red X next to the department you want to deactivate.
Deactivating a department will prevent users from selecting that department. Users who are currently assigned to the deactivated department will need to be reassigned to an active department.