Line items from Purchase Orders can be retracted and moved to the Generate Purchase Orders page, where the employee who submitted them can edit and resubmit them to the vendor. Employees will always have access to retract their own line items; Void Transactions permissions can be given to retract others'.
This article will show you, an Accounts Payable Employee, how to void or retract a purchase order.
Retracting a Purchase Order
Please Note: Line items cannot be retracted if the Purchase Order has been placed via Print, Fax, Email, and Punchout.
1. On the Home page, select the Configurations tab.
2. From the Configurations page, select the Manage Transactions tile.
3. This is the Manage Transactions screen. Search for a Purchase Order using the fields provided, then click the Search button.
Search for a Purchase Order using the following fields:
- Purchase Order Number: The purchase order number.
- Vendor: The vendor you placed the purchase order with.
- Product Description/SKU: Describe one of the products on the purchase order, or the SKU number.
- Amount: Enter a range of the total cost of the item(s) in the purchase order.
- Date Range: Enter a date range for when the purchase order was created.
4. The search results that matched your search will appear under Matching Purchase Order. To retract a purchase order, click Retract.
5. This is the Retract Purchase Order screen. Click the checkboxes to the left of the line items to select them to retract.
6. Enter a comment. Comments are required.
7. Click Retract Purchase Order. A confirmation will appear at the top of the screen that the transaction has been successfully processed.
8. The Purchase Order will appear on the Generate Purchase Orders page. You can open, edit, and place this retracted Purchase Order with the vendor again.
Voiding A Purchase Order
Please Note: Line items cannot be voided if they've already been invoiced.
1. From the Manage Transactions screen, search for your Purchase Order using the fields provided.
2. The Purchase Orders that matched your search criteria will appear under Matching Purchase Orders. To Void a purchase order, click Void.
3. You'll be brought to the Void Purchase Order screen. Click the checkbox next to the items you'd like to void.
4. Comments are required when voiding a purchase order. Enter comments here.
5. Click Void Purchase Order. You'll get a confirmation at the top of the screen that the transaction has been successfully processed.