This article shows you how to sync processed expense reports in Certify to your installed version of QuickBooks. To enable the QuickBooks Sync integration, please see the article Activating the QuickBooks Sync.
- The QuickBooks Sync tool is only supported on Windows servers.'
- The QuickBooks Desktop Sync tool must be downloaded where your QuickBooks file is located (eg. Computer, Shared Server, Hosted Shared Server).
- Note: User must be an Administrator to use a Shared or Hosted Shared Server.
1. On your account homepage, click QuickBooks Sync to view pending reports.
2. Install the QuickBooks Sync tool by selecting Click here to install the tool. Follow the CertifyQBSync Setup Wizard prompts to complete the installation.
3. Once installed, the QuickBooks Sync tool will then be available on your computer under CertifyQBSyncSetup. Users will need to return here to run the Certify QuickBooks Sync Application whenever they need to initiate a sync with Certify.
4. Before synchronizing expense reports, you should configure mappings between Certify and QuickBooks by selecting the Link Wizard in the popup.
5. You will be prompted to enter your Certify username and password.
Note: When Certify first connects to QuickBooks, the application will prompt you to deny or allow access. A best practice is to select the option 'Yes, whenever the QuickBooks company file is open'.
6: Use the Link Wizard to map Certify Expense Categories and Employees to QuickBooks.
Click the drop-down menu arrow and select the appropriate QuickBooks Expense Account for each Certify Expense Category. After a Certify Expense Category has been mapped to a QuickBooks Expense Account, the Status column will change to a green checkmark. All Certify Expense Categories will need to have a green checkmark for the expense reports to synchronize successfully.
Select to import expenses as Checks to Employees or Bills to Vendors, dependent on how you have your employees entered in QuickBooks.
Click the drop-down menu arrow and select the appropriate QuickBooks Employee or QuickBooks Vendor for each Certify User. After a Certify User has been mapped to a QuickBooks Employee or QuickBooks Vendor, the Status column will change to a green checkmark. All Certify Users will need to have a green checkmark for their expense reports to synchronize successfully.
Once all Certify Expense Categories and Certify Users have been mapped, click Save Changes.
Certify departments are automatically mapped to QuickBooks Classes when the Certify Department Code matches the QuickBooks Class Name exactly. If your Class List is added to a custom field (Expense Report General Ledger Dimension), you will want to work Certify to ensure mapping is set up to match QuickBooks Class Names exactly.
7. To start the synchronization, click Synchronize to QuickBooks.
8. Select a Checking Account from which payments will be made for reimbursable expenses, and a Credit Card Account for non-reimbursable expenses. Next, click Synchronize. You may also sync one expense report at a time by clicking the Sync one at a time checkbox.
9. Map the vendors in Certify to the vendors in QuickBooks by selecting a vendor from your QuickBooks Vendor list or clicking the Add Vendor checkbox. Adding a vendor will add the vendor to your QuickBooks account upon synchronization. After all vendors are mapped, click Save.
When the synchronization is complete, a confirmation popup will display the number of expense reports that were synced and if there were any errors.
Depending on how you set up your account, the expense will appear in your QuickBooks account as a Vendor Bill, Check, or Journal Entry.