Certify's Spend Request feature enables end-users to budget for an expense before the spend occurs. Once the Spend Request is submitted, a Manager can see the expected costs for specific projects, trips, or people, providing opportunities for increased spend management.
Employees can submit Spend Requests to their Managers using their companies pre-determined Approval Workflow. Once an employee has their Spend Request approved, they can upload and link expenses to it from their Certify Wallet.
A Lump Sum Spend Request is a total amount that can be applied to any Expense Type in the final Expense Report.
This article shows you, a Certify User, how to create a lump sum spend request.
1. Click New Spend Request in the My Spend Requests section of your Certify homepage.
2. To create a new Spend Request, enter a Name, Date Range, Description, then choose Lump Sum as your Request Type.
3. Click Next.
4. Fill in the Department and the Amount being requested and click Next.
- Department: Choose the Department the expense is being charged to from the drop-down list.
- Amount: Fill in the total amount being requested.
- Reason: Include an explanation for what the amount requested is being used for. This is not required.
- Attachment: Upload any supply lists, cost quotes, etc. This is not required.
5. Click the Request Details to make changes to the Spend Request.
6. Once all necessary changes have been made, click Submit Request.
7. Review the Spend Request, then click Submit.