All approvers in Certify AP have an Approval Inbox that shows the transactions they have permission to approve: Purchase Requisitions, Invoices, and Invoices for Accounting Review.
Certify AP enables you to customize your Approval Inbox to quickly and easily review information relevant to your role.
This article will show you, an Accounts Payable Employee, how to customize and filter your Approval Inbox.
1. On your Certify AP Dashboard, select any Approvals Needed tile.
2. The Approval Inbox page opens.
Please Note: Depending on your permissions, you may see all or only some of these types of transactions in your Approval menu and inbox.
3. The Approval Inbox page is organized into tabs of transactions needing Approval. Each tab displays transactions in a table. The default tabs are:
- Requisitions: For approvers with the Approve Requisition permission. This tab shows only Purchase Requisitions that need approval.
- Invoices: For approvers with the Approve Invoice permission. This tab shows only Invoices that need approval.
- Accounting Review: For approvers with the Accounting Review permission. This tab shows only Invoices that have been approved and need to be Accounting Reviewed, or exported to your company's accounting system.
- Packing Lists: For approvers with the Approve Packing Lists permission. This tab only shows Packing Lists that need approval.
4. To add additional columns, select Manage Columns.
5. In the popup window that appears, click the Plus icon to add the column to the table. Use the Minus icon to remove any columns.
Please Note: The column options are different for each transaction tab. For example, when adding columns to the Requisitions tab, the columns that appear are only applicable to requisitions.
6. To change the ordering of the column, use the Arrow icons to move the column up to down.
A maximum number of 10 columns can be applied to the approval inbox. Once 10 columns are added, the Plus icons turn gray and cannot be clicked.
7. Click Apply when finished.
8. To add filters to sort transactions, select All Filters.
9. A panel appears on the right-hand side of the page. The filters that appear may only apply to the current transaction tab.
Note: The filter options will only include the filters that are appropriate to that transaction type. For EX; When clicking All Filters under the Requisitions tab, approvers only see options that apply to Requisitions.
10. To apply a filter, use the filter options to select a value and click Apply. Once you apply the filter, there is an indication of how many filters are currently applied.
The applied filters remain applied, even while logging out or clicking away from the inbox, until they are reset.