A Packing List is a document describing the items included in a package: their quantity, their weight, and other relevant information. Packing Lists are created by vendors, but your company might create a packing list when you receive the package.
Packing Lists do not usually require approval. However, your Certify Administrator can choose to require reapproval for Packing Lists if the items in the Packing List arrive in a different quantity than the quantity requested in the Purchase Requisition. The employee who originally requested the items in a Purchase Requisition has approval authority over the Packing List.
This article will show you, a Certify AP Admin with the Enter Requisition permission, how to approve a Packing List for items that arrived in a different quantity than you ordered.
Please Note: Packing Lists record what items your company received and their quantity, but not prices. If an items price changed after it was approved in a Purchase Requisition, that price change is recorded when the item is added to an Invoice. Your Certify Administrator can turn on the Enforce Reapproval Thresholds company preference to require reapproval for price changes in Invoices.
1. On your Certify AP Dashboard, click the Packing Lists tile.
2. This is your Approval Inbox. Click the Packing Lists tab.
3. To Quick Approve a packing list, click the checkbox beside it. Then, click Approve Selected.
If you do not see the Approve Selected button, your company does not allow Quick Approvals.
Please Note: Occasionally, you may try to approve a transaction and receive a message warning you that the transaction is "pending changes." This message appears when at least one other user other than you can access this transaction and could also be making approval decisions about it. Whichever approver processes the transaction first overwrites the comments and approval actions of the other approve. If you receive this message, check with your colleagues to coordinate on who approves this particular transaction.
4. To review a packing list, click the title.
5. The Packing List Details page opens. Click a line item to view the item details.
6. Edit any necessary information. When complete, click Save.
7. To approve a line item, click the checkmark icon. To reject a line item, click the X icon.
8. Once all line items have been approved or rejected, you have a few options to choose from going forward:
- Reset Changes: This will undo any changes made to this requisition and reset them to the original values entered.
- Process: This allows approvers to send the requisition further in workflow if approved, or back to the submitter if rejected.
9. Click Process.
10. You'll be returned to your Approval Inbox. The packing list you just approved no longer appears.