The UKG Dimensions Integration connects your company’s Certify account to your company’s UKG Dimensions account. Once connected, Certify will retrieve data from your Dimensions instance to create, update, and deactivate user records in Certify on an ad hoc or scheduled basis.
By connecting the two platforms, UKG Dimensions becomes the system of record, and Certify will perform nightly user record updates to ensure the correct users have access to a Certify account, and when.
This article shows you, a Certify User, how to configure and run the UKG Dimensions Integration.
Activating and Configuring the Sync
1. To configure the Dimensions Sync, click the gear icon on your Certify homepage. Then, select Configure UKG Dimensions User Sync.
Please Note: If you do not see Configure UKG Dimensions User Sync in the System Integrations section of Configuration, please contact Support for further assistance.
2. On the UKG Dimensions Configuration page, enter your company’s Dimensions account information in the fields provided.
- Dimension Username - Your Dimensions username. Please note, your account must have the appropriate permissions to be able to create an app key token within the application.
- Dimension Password - Your Dimensions password.
- App Key - Enter the app key generated for Certify. The app key will be generated within Dimensions.
Client ID - Enter your company’s Dimensions Client ID.
- Client Secret - Enter your company’s Dimensions Client Secret.
- API URL - Enter your company’s Dimensions API URL.
Generating an App Key
A Dimensions App Key can be generated by going to Application Setup, under Administration, in the Dimensions application.
Once in Application Setup, select Common Setup, then select My Apps. From this page, you will be able to generate an App Key which can be used for Certify.
Client ID, Secret, and API URL
Your company’s Dimensions Client ID, Secret, and API URL are managed by UKG. Please contact a UKG representative to retrieve this information.
For detailed instructions on how to generate an App Key, and instructions on where to locate your company's Client ID, Secret, and API URL, click here.
3. Click Connect to test your connection.
4. Once connected, Certify will securely store the company credentials. If you wish to disconnect the Dimensions Sync at any time, click Revoke. Please note, clicking Revoke will permanently delete the credentials from Certify. If you wish to reconnect in the future, you will need to re-enter all required fields.
5. Now that you are connected, click Run Sync to import your user records from Dimensions. You can click Run Sync at any time to synchronize the data between Certify and Dimensions.
6. If you wish to automate the Dimensions Sync, select the Sync Daily option. Enabling this feature will automatically sync user data to Certify on a nightly basis
7. To specify which users will receive sync notifications, enter their email addresses in the field provided. If no email addresses are entered, Certify will send the sync notifications to all users with Full Administrative permissions. The sync notifications will include a summary of the user records created, modified, and deactivated.
Please Note: When running the UKG Dimensions User Sync you have to manually send Welcome Emails to new users, as they will not receive them automatically.
What information is synchronized?
The following user information is synchronized from Kronos:
User First Name
User Last Name
Kronos User ID
User’s First Approver
User’s Default Language
User’s Default Currency
- Status - we are pulling the Employee Status from Dimensions and mapping that to the Certify Account Status for each user (Active or Disabled). Within Dimensions, there is a field for User Status in addition to Employee Status. Please note, Certify is using the Employee Status field in Dimensions to determine if a user in Certify should be Active or Disabled.
- Accountant - when creating a user in Certify from Dimensions, Certify will find the first active Accountant and assign that user as the new user’s Accountant. The sync will only assign an Accountant if the user does not have an Accountant currently assigned. This means that an administrator can change the user’s Accountant assignment in Certify and the Dimensions Sync will not override the Administrator’s change during a future sync.
- Departments - new users importing from the sync will be assigned to an automatically generated department: KronosDefaultDepartment. Once the user record is created, the Administrator can then assign the user to the appropriate Department manually in Certify. Similar to the Accountant field, the sync will not override the Administrator’s manually selected department for the user. The Administrator can also deactivate the KronosDefaultDepartment if they choose, however the department will be reactivated any time a new user is created in Certify from the sync.
- Deactivating Users - users will be deactivated automatically in Certify if the user’s Employee Status in Dimensions is changed. Please note, the Kronos Sync will only deactivate users that were originally created by the Dimensions sync. Users created manually in Certify will not be automatically disabled when the Kronos sync runs. This is especially useful if the client needs to create additional or shared accounts in Certify that may not exist in Dimensions.