Certify's Pre-Approval feature enables end-users to budget for an expense before the spend occurs. Once the Spend Request is submitted, a Manager can see the expected costs for specific projects, trips, or people, providing opportunities for increased spend management.
Employees can submit Spend Requests to their Managers using their companies pre-determined Approval Workflow. Once an employee has their Spend Request approved, they can upload and link expenses to it from their Certify Wallet.
An Itemized Spend Request breaks down the Spend Request into individual amounts for specific Expense Types.
This article shows you, a Certify User, how to create an itemized spend request.
Step 1: Click New Spend Request in the My Spend Requests section on your Certify homepage.
Step 2: To create a new Spend Request, enter a Name, Date Range, Description, then choose Itemized as your Request Type.
Step 3: Click Next.
Step 4: To start itemizing, click Add New Item and choose an Expense Type from the dropdown list.
Please Note: Miscellaneous covers all Cash Expense Categories.
Step 5: The Request Details window appears on the right-hand side of the page.
Step 6: Fill out the Request Details for the New Item, then click Save.
- Expense Type: This auto-populates as on of the Expense Types used to itemize your Spend Requests.
- Department: Choose the Department the expense is being charged to from the dropdown list.
- Category: Use the dropdown list to pick an Expense Category.
- Amount: Fill in the amount being requested.
- Reason: Include an explanation for what the amount is being used for. This is not required.
- Attachment: Upload any hotel reservations, itinerary, flight information, etc. This is not required.
Step 7: Edit Request Details by clicking anywhere on the Item line. Click the red X under Actions to delete an Item.
Step 8: Once all Items have been added, click Submit Request.
Step 9: Review the Spend Request, then click Submit.