Custom Export Builder, a Certify AP feature, gives clients the ability to create custom export templates. These templates allow the export of invoice data in a variety of formats and the import of invoice data into their ERP systems or AP packages.
This article shows you, a Certify AP Administrator, how to use the Custom Export Builder feature to build new or edit existing export templates.
In order to use the Custom Export Builder:
- Users must have the Root Administrator or Accounting Review permission
- Administrators must configure the AP Offset feature
Step 1: From your Certify AP homepage, click the Invoices tab.
Step 2: Under Export/Import, click Export Invoices.
Step 3: This is the Custom Export page. Next, create new custom export templates by clicking New Template.
Under Active or Disabled Templates, there are a few options to create or adjust custom templates:
- Disable/Enable: Allows a template to be enabled, available for exports and scheduled jobs, or disabled.
- Export: Uses the template to run a manual export and produce an export file on demand and flags the invoices as exported.
- Preview: Uses the template to preview a manual export and produce an export file on demand but does not flag the invoices as exported.
- Edit: Allows a template to be edited.
Step 4: Fill out the appropriate fields:
- Name: The template name
- Description: A short description of what the template is used for
- Status: This determines if the template can be used to export data.
- Active: Allows the template to be used in manual or scheduled jobs.
- Disabled: Will not allow the template to be used for exports.
- Content: Determines which types of invoices will be included in the export, ACH or non-ACH.
Step 5: Choose the File Format, Invoice Types, and whether the files should contain Positive and/or Negative integers.
Step 6: Create a file name and determine which Sections and Field Types need to be included on the export.
Each template has sections where you arrange the columns of data you want to export. The sections can be added to the template by clicking the check box to the left of the section name to activate it, and then clicking anywhere on the section line.
Additionally, each active section on a template requires that at least one field must be added. The chosen fields determine what data will be shown in the export.
Step 7: To add new fields, first click the required Field Type.
Step 8: Add a Display Name and complete the other required fields. Then, click Save.
Step 9: Once your fields are created you may rearrange them by dragging and dropping them in the order you would like to see them appear in your export file.
You may also choose whether to include the header row in your export file for each section.
Step 10: To edit an existing field, click Edit. Once all changes are made, click Save.
Step 11: To remove an existing field, click Delete.
Once you have added all of your sections and fields, click Save.