Custom Dimension, a Certify AP feature, allows clients to configure additional
segments/fields representing their account string in addition to the standard Department, GL
Account and/or Project fields.
This article shows you, a Certify AP Administrator, the steps needed to enable and configure the Certify AP Custom Dimensions feature.
- Though the Custom Dimension feature is accessible by default, its fields and
functionality are not available until they are configured in the Configuration Module by
a Certify AP Administrator.
- Your Implementation Specialist will help configure the ERP Templates needed to include Custom Dimensions as your fully delimited
account number in the invoice export.
Step 1: From your Certify AP homepage, click the gear icon.
Step 2: Click Custom Dimensions.
Step 3: Once the Custom Dimension Management page opens, click New Custom
Step 4: Enter the Name and Description of the new Custom Dimension, then click Save.
Once all Custom Dimensions have been added, some additional options will appear.
- Disable/Enable: Companies may have up to five active Custom Dimensions at a time. The Disable/Enable button allows you to register a Custom Dimension as active or inactive. If a Custom Dimension is registered as inactive, users will not see the dimension in
requisitions and/or invoices.
- List: The List button provides you to create list items for each Custom Dimension. List Items are the values in the Enter Requisition and Enter Invoice screen a user can select for each Custom
- Edit: The Edit button provides you with access to edit an existing custom dimension’s Name or Description.
Configuring List Items
Now that dimensions are created you will need to add List Items. List Items are the values the users will be presented with in the finalize requisition contents and enter invoice pages for each line item.
Step 1: Click List to start creating list items for the chosen dimension.
Step 2: Select New Dimension List Item to add new List Items.
Step 3: Under Active Values, fill out the Code and Name of each List Item.
- Code: The Code is the data that will be provided in the account number or other
columns for the invoice export.
- Name: The Name of the value is the data that the user is presented with for selection
in the enter requisition and enter invoice pages as well as is displayed on all other
pages where custom dimensions are found.
Step 4: Once you have filled out the necessary fields, click Save.
Once the List Items have been configured, they will available for selection by users
entering requisitions or invoices. Only Active Custom Dimensions and Active List
Items will appear for selection.
List Items Bulk Upload
When several List Items must be created, a CSV file can be uploaded instead of using
the Active Value fields.
The List Item upload accepts CSV files that contain three columns- Code, Name, and
Active. List Items may have up to 1000 active values at a time, with no limit on
Here is an example of the List Item formatting for CSV files:
- Code: The exportable data that is used to link the dimension to an object in your ERP System or Certify AP Package.
- Value: The display data that the users can select when entering requisitions or invoices.
- Active: A flag to set a dimension list item as active or inactive.
• 0 - For inactive
• 1 - For active
The upload allows for the creation of new list items as well as the editing of existing List Items.
Please Note: A new Code must be used for each new List Item. When List Items are uploaded,
and an existing code is detected, that List Item will be edited instead of added.
Certify AP will export your Custom Dimension Values as part of your configured account number. The account number column is a chain of values that are used to import invoice data to the proper objects and segments in your ERP System or AP Package.