Once the Purchasing Administrator has enabled the export scheduler and configured the invoice column mappings, the Export Scheduler is ready to use to create, edit, and delete scheduled export jobs. This is a two-step process:
- Generate FTP Credentials
- Schedule Reports
This article shows you, a Purchasing user with the Administrator permission or the Accounting Review permission, how to use the invoice Report Scheduler.
1. Generate FTP Credentials
Step 1: On the Configuration page, click API Key. Then, click Generate Key.
The FTP Credentials appear. Record them and store them in a safe place.
Please Note: These credentials are presented only once. Make sure to write them down, take a screenshot, or copy/paste them to a safe location. If they are lost you can generate new credentials at any time, however, keep in mind generating new credentials disrupts established integrations already in place and they will need to be updated.
2. Schedule Reports
Once you have generated and saved the FTP credentials you are ready to start creating scheduled export jobs.
Step 1: On the Invoices page, click Export Scheduler.
Step 2: The Export Scheduler page opens. Enter your criteria:
- Recurring: Choose once, daily, weekly, or monthly.
- Start Date: Enter the date or use the calendar to select a date on which the scheduled job should begin.
- End Date: Enter the date the job should run until.
- Preferred Time (UTC): The time a scheduled job should run set in UTC time.
- Non-ACH Invoices: The export file type for non-ACH invoices to export to.
- Non-ACH Invoices Mapping: Select the saved export mappings to use for the exported non-ACH invoice data. The selection determines the column and the column ordering. This is helpful if you need the same data to be exported for different systems.
- ACH Invoices: The export file type for ACH invoices to export to.
- ACH Invoices Mapping: Select the saved export mappings to use for the exported ACH invoice data. The selection determines the column and the column ordering. This is helpful if you need the same data to be exported for different systems.
Step 3: Once the criteria is selected, click Create to schedule the automatic export. The scheduled run displays at the bottom of the screen.
Please Note: You can create up to 12 automatic exports. There is a limit of 12 active jobs.
- Enabled/Disabled: The scheduled invoice report can be Enabled/Disabled. This is helpful if you need to toggle the Export Scheduler Company Preference. It also provides incremental and on-demand control of pending or active jobs.
- Edit: Edit the scheduled export.
- Duplicate: Duplicate this scheduled export.
- Delete: Delete this scheduled export.
Working with the Export
Scheduled invoice export jobs group into one of three categories:
- Active: Jobs that have started running and are scheduled to continuously run for a period of time.
- Pending: Jobs starting at some date/time in the future.
- Completed: Jobs that have completed their run and are no longer in use.
Each scheduled job also has three buttons for additional functionality:
- Edit: Opens the job in the editor above and allows changes and saving.
- Duplicate: Duplicates the job values to the editor above and allows changes and saving.
- Delete: Deletes a job permanently.
Once a job is scheduled and runs, it is available for pickup via SFTP clients using the credentials provided earlier.
Example SFTP Setup:
Exported Invoice Files
Depending on the scheduled export format you receive one or two export files for each export:
- A file for non-ACH invoices named InvoiceBatch/date/time/file type.
- A file for ACH invoices named ACHInvoiceBatch/date/time/file type.
Please Note: You can create a file structure inside the root directory of the SFTP server and organize the files however works for your organization. You can also download files, and you can delete them. Once files are deleted from the SFTP server they are permanently removed, so a best practice is to create save directions and keep files organized and stored safely.
Scheduled Invoice Export Failure Email
If a file fails to export, all invoices are placed back into pending export status and an email is sent to all users with Accounting Review or Administrator permission. This email is also sent to the Certify Customer Support team.
The email contains the reason the export failed to execute, the status of the data, and next steps (if necessary).