This article describes the Certify Expense User Roles and their capabilities. There are Standard User Roles and Special User Roles.
Standard User Roles
There are four standard user roles in Certify Expense:
Each role includes the same capabilities as the preceding role. For example, the Manager has all the capabilities of the Employee, plus functions specific to the Manager role.
An Employee creates and submits their own expense reports. Additionally, these users:
- Edit and delete receipts, expenses, or expense reports in Drafts.
- Receive and respond to inquiries from Approvers regarding expense reports submitted for approval.
- Manage security information and system usage options on their My Account page.
Managers approve expense reports submitted by employees, and are listed as Approvers within their assigned department. Additionally, they can:
- Forward approved reports to other Managers/Executives/Accountants for additional approval.
- Submit approved reports to Accountants for reimbursement.
- View/Print/Export individual approved employee expense reports.
An Executive is available as an approver for any user in Flexible Approval Workflow. Additionally, these users:
- Have the same capabilities as the Employee and Manager roles.
- View/Print/Export a list of reports.
Accountants process expense reports submitted for reimbursement. Additionally, they can:
- Delete any expense report submitted for approval and/or processing.
- Use Reporting with full access.
- Edit details for any submitted expense line.
There are four special roles designated for users who need to perform additional actions within their company's Certify account:
- User Administrator
- Full Administrator
A User Administrator can view, edit, and create new users. Additionally, they:
- Retain the capabilities of their assigned User role
- Can create and edit user records
- Can resend welcome emails
A Full Administrator manages the overall system configuration of their company's account. Additionally, these users:
- Have full access to Configuration options from their homepage
- Can add, update, or disable users.
For companies using Certify InstantAudit, the Auditor permission is assigned by the Administrator and can be added to any standard Certify User Role. The Auditor:
- Retains the capabilities of the Standard User Role.
- Monitors flagged expenses using the Auditor-specific InstantAudit Alerts queue.
- Leaves notes and marks flagged expenses as either in- or out-of-compliance; this extra information helps Approvers make better informed decisions.
- Influences the approval process, but is not a part of the approval path.
Treasurers manage approved expense reimbursements to users is Certify Payments or ACH is enabled. Additionally, they:
- Can View/Print/Export the ACH Reimbursement History Report
- Retain all capabilities of their assigned User role.
A Translator creates custom translations for specific phrases and words used within their company's Certify system. Additionally, these users:
- Can be assigned to any Certify user role
- Have the ability to create custom translations for the languages used in their Certify company account.