In Certify Purchasing, there are two types of transactions that need approval: Purchase Requisitions and Invoices. To view and edit approval chains for these transactions, you can use User-Based Approval, or The Signature Authority Form (S.A.F). Your company-wide and department approval chains were set up during your company's original Certify Purchasing setup.
User-Based Approval is an approval chain that is unique to each employee. You can designate one or more approvers for a submitter.
This article will show you, a Certify Administrator, how to enable User-Based Approval.
Step 1: On your Certify Purchasing account homepage, click Configuration.
Step 2: Click your company's name.
Step 3: Click the Company Preferences tab.
Step 4: Scroll down to the Routing Controls section and the User-Based Approval settings. Choose from the following:
- Enabled: Click here to enable User-Based Approvals.
- Disabled: Click here if your company does not user User-Based Approvals.
If you selected enabled, you can choose from the following three checkboxes:
- Send to S.A.F by default if User-Based Approvers are not configured: Click here to send the transaction for approval using the S.A.F department approval chain if the user does not have User-Based Approval set up.
- Send Invoices to S.A.F after User-Based Approval: Click here if the Invoice should go through the S.A.F approval chain after it has gone through the User-Based Approval Chain.
- Send Requisitions to S.A.F after User-Based Approval: Click here if the Purchase Requisition should go through the S.A.F approval chain after it has gone through the User-Based Approval Chain.
The S.A.F is the general approval chain, and the User Based Approval is a user-specific approval chain. To learn more about setting approval chains for User Based Approval, click here.