Once an invoice has completed the approval process, the final stage is the accounting review. Certify Purchasing users with the accounting review permission will receive an email when an invoice has been submitted for their approval.
This article will show you, a Purchasing Accountant, how to approve an invoice with accounting review.
Step 1: On your Certify homepage, click the Purchasing tab.
Step 2: Click Go to Purchasing.
Step 3: This is your Purchasing dashboard. In the Approve box, click the Accounting Review link.
Step 4: This is your Approval Inbox. Click the Accounting Review tab to see the invoices that need your review.
Step 5: Click the invoice to open the details and review.
Alternatively, if you'd like to approve the invoice without opening it, click the checkbox and then click Quick Approve.
Step 6: This is the Invoice Details page. To expand a line item to view the details, click the plus icon.
Step 7: From here, you can change the Quantity, as well as edit the Department, GL, and Project.
Step 8: To minimize the details of the line item, click the minus icon.
Step 9: To view any comments the submitter has made or to enter your own comments, click View/Edit under the Comments column.
Step 10: There are three methods to mark line items under the Actions column:
- Check Mark: Approves the line item
- Question Mark: Sends the item back to the submitter for review
- X: Rejects the line item and notifies the submitter.
Individually approve, send for review, and reject expense lines by clicking the icon to the right of the item.
Step 11: There are four methods to continue:
- Close: Saves your progress on the invoice and sends you back to your approval inbox.
- Reset: Resets any changes you've made to the invoice and resets the fields to their original status.
- Save: Saves your progress on the invoice but keeps you on the current page.
- Process: Moves the invoice further in workflow.
Step 12: Click Process.
Step 13: You'll be brought to the Check Request. This has all of the invoice information. To print the check request for your records, click Print the Check Request.