Line items from Purchase Requisitions can be voided if a user has placed the purchase requisition and it has not yet been approved. For example, if the item is unavailable it may need to be voided. Employees will always have access to void their own line items; extra permission can be given to void others'.
Please Note: Line items cannot be voided if they've already been invoiced.
This article will show you, an Accounts Payable Employee, how to void a purchase requisition.
Step 1: On your Certify homepage, click Purchasing.
Step 2: Click Go to Purchasing.
Step 3: This is your Purchasing dashboard. Click Purchasing.
Step 4: In the Requisitions box, click Manage Requisitions.
Step 5: This is the Manage Transactions screen. You can search for your Purchase Order by:
- PO Number: Purchase Order Number.
- Vendor: The vendor you placed the Purchase Order with.
- Product Description/SKU: Describe one of the products on the Purchase Order, or list the SKU number.
- Amount: Enter a range of the dollar amount on the Purchase Order.
- Date Range: Enter a date range for when the Purchase Order was placed.
Step 6: Click Search.
Step 7: The search results that matched your search will appear under Matching Requisitions. To void a requisition, click Void.
Step 8: This is the Void Requisition screen. Click the checkboxes to the left of the line items to select them to void.
Step 9: Comments are required when voiding a requisition. Enter them here.
Step 10: Click Void Requisition.
Step 11: A confirmation will appear at the top of the screen that the transaction has been successfully processed.