Line items from Purchase Orders can be voided if a user has generated and placed the purchase order. For example, if the item is unavailable it may need to be voided. Employees will always have access to void their own line items; extra permission can be given to void others'.
Please Note: Line items cannot be voided if they've already been invoiced.
This article will show you, an Accounts Payable Employee, how to void a purchase order.
Step 1: On your Certify homepage, click the AP tab.
Step 2: Click Go to AP.
Step 3: This is your Certify AP dashboard. Click the Purchasing tab.
Step 4: In the Purchase Orders box, click Manage Purchase Orders.
Step 5: This is the Manage Transactions screen. You can search for your Purchase Order by:
- PO Number: Purchase Order Number.
- Vendor: The vendor you placed the Purchase Order with.
- Product Description/SKU: Describe one of the products on the Purchase Order, or list the SKU number.
- Amount: Enter a range of the dollar amount on the Purchase Order.
- Date Range: Enter a date range for when the Purchase Order was placed.
Step 6: Click Search.
Step 7: The Purchase Orders that matched your search criteria will appear under Matching Purchase Orders. To Void a purchase order, click Void.
Step 8: You'll be brought to the Void Purchase Order screen. Click the checkbox next to the items you'd like to void.
Step 9: Comments are required when voiding a purchase order. Enter comments here.
Step 10: Click Void Purchase Order.
Step 11: You'll get a confirmation at the top of the screen that the transaction has been successfully processed.