Once you've received products from a vendor, employees will submit the invoice internally. These invoices need to be approved by their designated approver in Certify Purchasing.
This article will show you, a Purchasing Approver, how to approve an invoice.
Step 1: On your Certify homepage, click the Purchasing tab.
Step 2: Click Go to Purchasing.
Step 3: In the Approve box, click Invoices.
Step 4: This is your Approval Inbox. Click the Invoices tab to view what invoices have been submitted for your approval.
Step 5: Click the invoice to open it and view the details.
Alternatively, click the checkbox to the left of the invoice and click Quick Approve if you'd like to approve the invoice without looking at the details.
Step 6: This is the Invoice Details page. To open an expense line to view further details, click the plus icon to the left of the item.
Step 7: From this screen, you can view more detailed information about the expense line. You can also edit the GL and the Project.
Step 8: Click the minus icon to minimize the item details.
Step 9: Click View/Edit under the Comments column to see if the submitter has entered any internal comments. You can also enter your own internal comments here.
Step 10: Under the Actions column you have three methods for handling line items:
- Check Mark: Approve all expenses.
- Question Mark: Mark all of the expenses as "needing review" and send them back to the submitter.
- X: Reject all expenses and send them back to the submitter.
Alternatively, you can approve/question/reject individual expense lines by using the icons to the right of the line item under the Actions column.
Step 11: Be sure that each expense item has been approved, questioned, or rejected before continuing.
Step 12: You have a few different methods to continue:
- Close: Saves your current progress approving the invoice and returns you to your approval inbox.
- Reset: Erases any changes you've made to the invoice and resets it to its original submitted status.
- Add Approver: Send the invoice to an additional approver for approval.
- Save: Saves your work as you continue working on the invoice.
- Process: Approves the invoice and moves it forward in the approval workflow.
Step 13: Click Process.
Step 14: You'll be sent back to your Approval Inbox.