When an employee submits a purchase requisition, it goes to an internal approver for approval before moving forward in workflow.
This article will show you, a Purchasing Approver, how to approve a purchase requisition.
Step 1: On your Certify homepage, click the Purchasing tab.
Step 2: Click Go to Purchasing.
Step 3: Any purchase requisitions that have been submitted for your approval will be found in the Approve box. Click Requisitions to approve.
Step 4: This is your Approval Inbox. You'll see everything that has been sent to you for approval here. To just see requisitions, click Requisitions.
Step 5: Click the requisition to open it and view.
Alternatively, if you know you'd like to approve the requisition without opening it, click the checkbox to the left of the requisition, then click Quick Approve.
Step 6: This is the Requisition Details page. Everything that has been entered in the requisition will be shown here. Click the plus icon to the left of the line item to expand it and see all of the product details.
Step 7: From here, you can change the Quantity of the product, as well as the GL and the Project.
Step 8: Click the minus icon to minimize.
Step 9: In the Comments column, view any comments the employee may have attached to the individual item by clicking View/Edit.
You can also enter your own internal comments to the line item here.
Step 10: There are three icons under the Actions menu:
- Check Mark: This will approve all items in the requisition.
- Question Mark: This will mark all items in the requisition as "review needed" and send them back to the employee.
- X: This will reject all items in the requisitions.
Alternatively, use these icons per line item and reject, question, or approve each individual item.
Step 11: Make sure all line items have been approved, questioned or rejected.
Step 12: At the bottom of the screen, you'll have multiple options to move forward:
- Close: This will save all of your current changes and bring you back to your Approval Inbox.
- Reset: This will undo any changes you made to this requisition and reset them to the original values entered.
- Add Approver: This gives you the ability to send the requisition to another approver to review.
- Save: Allows you to save any changes you've currently made.
- Process: This allows you to send the requisition further in workflow if approved, or back to the submitter if rejected.
Step 13: Click Process to continue.
Step 14: You'll be brought back to your Approval Inbox. The submitter will get an email that you've approved the requisition and can then create a purchase order.