An Invoice is a document from a seller or vendor that describes items sold, prices, and the date of shipment. The invoice will then need to be paid.
This article will show you, a Purchasing Submitter, how to submit an invoice.
Creating your Invoice
Step 1: On your Certify homepage, click the Purchasing tab.
Step 2: Click Go to Purchasing.
Step 3: Under the Tasks column, click Submit an Invoice.
Step 4: This is your Submit Invoice page. First, choose to create a new invoice or select an invoice that has been started, but not yet submitted.
Step 5: When creating a brand new invoice, you have two options:
- Select a Vendor: Choose the vendor that the invoice is coming from.
- Enter PO Number: Enter the purchase order number that the invoice is coming from.
Step 6: Enter the Invoice Date and the Invoice Number.
Step 7: Click Create Invoice.
Edit your Invoice
Step 1: Click the Edit button to edit the invoice Header. This is where you enter your invoice payment information.
Step 2: Edit the invoice number and invoice date, enter comments, change the department, bill to a credit card, assign a manual check number, and attach any necessary files. Click Save Changes when complete.
Step 3: Next, add your products. You can add the items in a few different ways:
- Search: Search my product name/description and click Search.
- Add from Packing List: Add products from a previously created packing list.
- Display products alphabetically from this vendor: Choose from products that have already been entered from this vendor.
Step 4: When you find the product you'd like to add, click the blue add button to the right of the product.
Step 5: In the Line Items box, you'll see all of the products you've added to your invoice. You can edit the quantity, price, department, GL, and Project. When complete, click Save.
Step 6: Once your line item is edited, you can leave it, or select from one of the following options:
- Edit: Re-opens the line item so you have access to edit it again.
- Allocate: Allows you to allocate the line item to multiple departments, GLs, or projects.
- Remove: Removes the line item from the invoice completely.
Step 7: Next, enter your Footer information by first selecting your footer type from the Select Footer Type drop-down menu.
Step 8: When you're done editing all of your line items, you have three options to continue:
- Delete: Deletes the entire invoice.
- Close: Saves the invoice to come back to later.
- Route: Moves the invoice further in the submission process.
Step 9: Click Route.
Step 10: You'll receive a confirmation that shows your invoice has been successfully routed on to the approval process.