The Bulk Update Employee Departments tool can be used to quickly reassign existing employees to new departments.
This article shows you, a Certify Administrator, how to re-assign users to new departments in bulk.
Step 1: On your account homepage, click the gear icon, then View and Edit Departments.
Step 2: Click Assign Employees Department.
Step 3: In the text box, enter a comma-delimited list with two columns:
- The first column must contain either the email address or employee ID of the user.
- The second column must contain either the name or code of their new department.
Step 4: Review your changes. Each line will either Sync or Skip.
A line will skip if:
- User is already assigned to the new department
- Employee ID exists for more than one user
- Department Name or Code is assigned to two or more active departments
- Employee ID or Email does not exist
- Department Name or Code does not exist
Step 5: Click Next to confirm the changes.
After changes are made, the new department will reflect in the employee's user record.