This month, Certify APs Approval Inbox will transition to a new User Interface for a more streamlined workflow. As we continue to update our Certify AP site, additional changes and adjustments may be released.
This article shows you, a Certify AP Approver, how to enable and navigate the new Certify AP dashboard.
Using the Approval Inbox
1. Click on any Approvals Needed tiles, or the Approvals tab on the home page to be redirected to your Approval Inbox
2. The Approval Inbox opens. Depending on an approver’s available permissions, the Transactions Grid will show any submitted Requisitions, Packing Lists, Invoices, or Accounting Reviews that are awaiting approval.
3. Use the Search bar in each tab to find the appropriate transactions. Approvers can use either the Vendor name or Transaction title to look up transactions.
4. To open a transaction, click on its Title.
5. From there, Approve and Process the transaction as you normally would.
Please Note: If B2B Payments or Certify Payments is configured for your account, then the option to Process and Pay appears.
To sort transactions, click the column header that you wish to sort the list by.
To add additional columns, select Manage Columns.
In the popup window that appears, click the Plus icon to add the column to the table. Use the Minus icon to remove any columns.
Please Note: The column options are different for each transaction tab. For example, when adding columns to the Requisitions tab, the columns that appear are only applicable to requisitions.
To change the ordering of the column, use the Arrow icons to move the column up to down.
A maximum number of 10 columns can be applied to the approval inbox. Once 10 columns are added, the Plus icons turn gray and cannot be clicked.
Click Apply when finished.
In each tab, filters can be applied to sort transactions.
1. To view a list of filter options, select All Filters.
2. A panel appears on the right-hand side of the page. The filters that appear may only apply to the current transaction tab.
Please Note: The filter options will only include the filters that are appropriate to that transaction type. For ex., when clicking All Filters under the Requisitions tab, approvers only see options that are applicable to Requisitions.
3. To apply a filter, use the filter options to select a value and click Apply. Once you apply the filter, there is an indication of how many filters are currently applied.
The applied filters remain applied, even while logging out or clicking away from the inbox, until they are reset.
If approvers have multiple delegates enabled, they can click on the drop-down next to their name to switch users.
Export button is used to export the current list of transactions under the transaction tab to an Excel file. The Excel file is generated using the columns applied to the approval inbox.
Quick Approve Transactions
Quick Approve allows approvers to bulk approve transactions, rather than approving them individually. If a company has enabled Quick Approve, approvers will see the checkbox next to the Approve Selected button.
To bulk approve transactions, check the box next to the applicable transactions—or anywhere in the transaction row except the title.
Click the Approve Selected button to approve the selected transactions.
As an Accounting Reviewer, when quick approving an invoice vendor where the vendor has the payment method configured (Ex., Certify Payments, electronic/check, B2BPayments, virtual cards), the invoice is processed as an external payment (ACH). This processes and pays the invoice automatically.
If any transactions are missing a required field then the below message appears:
If any transaction modifications have been started, but not completed, the below message appears:
Click OK to continue and approve the transactions.